10) What is the best coverage to have? Each state has different laws, but basically, each state defines the minimum coverage you must have to legally drive on the roads. LIABILITY coverage protects "the other guy" when you are in an at-fault accident. This will pay for medical costs for anyone injured as a result of the car crash and also pays for the damage to their vehicle and property. COLLISION coverage will pay for repairs to your vehicle following an accident, less your deductible. COMPREHENSIVE coverage covers "acts of God" such as weather and covers theft and windshield repairs or replacements (less your deductible). UNINSURED/UNDERINSURED MOTORIST coverage protects you if your vehicle is damaged by another party who does not have adequate coverage or has no insurance.
9) What is my real risk? If your real risk is high, then the price you pay for insurance will be higher. Soooooo if you reduce your "risk", you will save money. Clean driving records with no criminal record, no speeding tickets, and are more experienced drivers will receive lower insurance rates. Age, sex and credit worthiness also impact the rate. It helps to shop around with different carriers. A Trusted Choice independent agent can provide multiple quotes from multiple carriers to make your shopping easier.
8) Who is covered to drive my car? Typically, the insurance follows the vehicle, so if you loan your vehicle to someone, you are also loaning them your insurance, which may not work out well for you. Making deliveries using your vehicle for pizza or newspapers, is considered a business, and is not typically covered under a basic auto policy. Check with your Trusted Choice Agent.
7) How much is my deductible? Ahhhhhh - it depends. To save money on your insurance rate, you may choose a higher deductible. But remember, that in the event of a claim, you will be required to first pay your deductible, after that the costs are paid by your policy up to the limits of your policy coverage. Your agent can provide you with several options.
6) Am I eligible for any discounts? Your Trusted Choice agent can assist you with saving money through discounts. You may receive credits which reduce the rate of your insurance by choosing a safer vehicle, having a clean driving record, having good grades if you are a student, paying for the full policy term instead of monthly installments, or purchasing additional policies with the same company. Many companies offer reductions for having a higher education degree, owning a home, having a garage for parking, or having a hybrid vehicle.
SEE "PART 2" FOR THE REST OF THE GREAT QUESTIONS TO ASK!!
We are your LOCAL Trusted Choice Advisors, SouthGroup-Gulf Coast http://www.southgroupgulfcoast.com , SALES AND SERVICE AGENTS: Angelyn Treutel Zeringue, Tammy Garfield, Tammy Hogue, Brittany Jones, Denise Russell, Melissa Moran, Alex Treutel, Anne Gillam, Ashlie Moody, Mark Strickland, and Whitney Zimmerman at SouthGroup Gulf Coast. You can reach us by snail-mail or in person: 412 Hwy 90, Suite 6, Bay St Louis MS 39520, email: email@example.com , phone: 228-466-4498 fax:888-415-8922, FaceBook www.facebook.com/southgroup.gulfcoast, or Twitter www.twitter.com/atreutel !
We have 3 Gulf Coast locations to serve you - 2505 Pass Road - Biloxi, 5400 Indian Hill-Diamondhead, and 412 Hwy 90 Suite 6-Bay Saint Louis, MS. We write coverage in 40 different states and can assist you with Mississippi insurance, Louisiana insurance, and Alabama insurance and many other states.
Insurance is stressful, but we make saving easy. We help you save money on insurance!
@libertymutual @TRV_insurance @safecoinsurance #savemoney @progressive