Whether you’re building a new football stadium or a tiny storage shed, every construction project faces the same kinds of problems that can suspend operations. Finishing on time and under budget will keep you and your clients satisfied. Having the proper coverage every step of the way helps the job get done right.
It's important to get equipped with the right builders risk insurance before a project ever begins, and an independent insurance agent can help. Your builders risk insurance will be simple and easy to obtain with the help of a local trusted advisor, and will aid in the success of your project. This article is compliments of Trusted Choice.
What Is Builders Risk Insurance?
Builders risk insurance is a special form of property insurance designed to protect construction projects in progress. Coverage will reimburse to repair, replace or recover the current value of a construction project. This includes coverage for various common disasters such as fires, theft, labor costs and storms.
As a builder or building owner, having the proper builders risk policy in place could save your project (and you) thousands of dollars in expenses.
Builders risk coverage protects construction projects against the following perils:
Builders risk insurance allows projects to be completed by their original deadline, and construction workers to have peace of mind knowing their materials are protected.
Types of Builders Risk insurance
Now that you have a brief overview of what builders risk insurance is designed to protect against, it's time for a larger breakdown of the many types of coverage commonly offered by this product:
- Equipment breakdown: Protects property and equipment from mechanical breakdowns, as well as the explosion of steam boilers, and more.
- Ordinance and law: Protects against increased rebuilding costs due to ordinances or laws that regulate construction of damaged structures due to covered losses.
- Identity restoration: Protects against identity theft of the business owner.
- Building coverage: Protects the building under construction, and structures already completed for the project. Swimming pools, storage buildings, fences, retaining walls, and more are covered. Personal property used to maintain these areas is also covered.
- Commercial general liability (CGL): Protects builders against lawsuits filed by third parties for claims of bodily injury or property damage, or advertising injury. CGL insurance is not always included in builders risk policies, so make sure to ask your independent insurance agent about getting coverage that provides this highly important protection.
An independent insurance agent can further explain the types of builders risk coverage and help you determine which options make the most sense for your needs.
We offer the following Lines of Coverage: Workers Compensation, Auto, Home, Life, Health, Disability, Motorcycle, Boat, Wind, Flood, Commercial Property, General Liability, Directors and Officers Liability, Bonds, Group and Individual Life/Health/Dental/Disability/ Vision/Long Term Care, Business Owners, Builders Risk, Commercial Crime, Errors and Omissions, Dwelling Fire, Commercial Flood, Group Accident, Garage Dealers, Inland Marine, Law Enforcement Liability, Pollution Liability, Professional Liability, Personal Umbrella, Commercial Fire, Commercial Umbrella, Excess Flood, Identity Theft, more…
We serve Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, Texas and many other states. We specialize in coastal exposures.
Insurance is stressful, but we make saving easy. We help you save money on insurance!
#southgroup @stateauto @libertymutual @TRV_insurance @safecoinsurance @progressive #savemoney @atreutel #savemoneyoninsurance
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.