We are now into that time of year when our water ways are a lot more active, particularly on holiday weekends. Are you prepared? Here are some items that should be on your check list before heading off to sea:
- Do you have working fire extinguishers that are filled and easily accessible?
- Do you have enough life vests for all of your passengers and are they all in proper working condition?
- Is the fuel system properly grounded at the filter, tank, deck, pump, and is the tank free from any contaminants or leaks?
- Is Engine compartment and engine clean and free of oily rags or flammable materials?
- Do you have your anchor safely stored but easily accessible and do you have a back-uup anchor?
- Are loose items on your boat properly secured?
- Has your electrical system been checked and approved recently by a professional?
- Will bilge pump(s) adequately remove water in emergency and do you have a manual backup? Do you check bilges frequently and not rely on automatic pumps?
- Inspect sea valves for smooth operation and Handles are attached to valves for quick closure.
- Inspect Hoses for good condition and Double hose-clamps below the waterline.
- Have you made a personal checklist for your boat? Only you know what's stored on your boat. If you have a grill on your boat, for instance, you want to check this secured and if propane is used you will need to be sure it's tightly sealed.
If you are on the Gulf Coast, contact your Trusted Choice agent, SouthGroup-Gulf Coast http://www.southgroupgulfcoast.com / , SERVICE TEAM: Angelyn Treutel, Tammy Garfield, Dawn Garza, Tammy Hogue, Brittany Jones, Wendy Johnson, Denise Russell, Melissa Moran, Alex Treutel, Susan Monti, Kayleigh Davis, Anne Gillam, Ashlie Moody, and Whitney Zimmerman at SouthGroup Gulf Coast. You can reach us by snail-mail: 412 Hwy 90, Suite 6, Bay St Louis MS 39520, email: firstname.lastname@example.org , phone:228-466-4498, fax:888-415-8922,
FaceBook www.facebook.com/southgroup.gulfcoast , or Twitter www.twitter.com/atreutel ! We now have 3 locations to serve you - 2505 Pass Road - Biloxi, 5400 Indian Hill-Diamondhead, and 412 Hwy 90 Ste 6-Bay Saint Louis, MS.
Thanks to Susan Monti for her words of wisdom!
I have been checking out a few of your stories and i can state pretty good stuff. I will definitely bookmark your blog. Mercury outboard boat partsReplyDelete