- Your agent's job is to help you.
- But you can also help us to help you.
- The more you can tell us about a loss, the more we can do to ensure that your claim quickly and efficiently.
- If you are in an automobile accident, first seek medical attention for anyone who has been injured. Then you can begin gathering information to help with your claim.
- Keep in mind that you are the best person to tell us what happened. So be prepared to provide as many details as possible about the accident, where it happened and how it occurred. This information can be critical in settling a claim.
When it comes to your home, any loss can be devastating. By working together, we can help make your recovery from a loss a lot less painful.
Property Damage Or Theft...
- Begin by making a list of everything that has been damaged or lost in the claim. The more information you can provide, the more quickly we can adjust your claim.
- List as much detail as possible including the model, place and date of purchase, and amount of all your damaged or stolen property.
- Receipts, owner's manuals, canceled checks and credit card bills are especially helpful.
You can take other steps to minimize the impact of a loss at home.
- In case of fire and smoke damage promptly report your loss.
- Do not try to clean the damaged items as sometimes cleaning things without the proper equipment can do more harm than good.
- We can advise you how to best protect your property and review what is covered.
If your home has suffered water damage...
- Move all your possessions out of the affected areas and then make sure that all the water is removed.
- A wetvac or emergency cleaning service can help with this job. If you use a cleaning service, save your receipts.
If Your Home Is Uninhabitable...
- If your home is uninhabitable and you must stay elsewhere, keep the receipts for all your expenses.
- Your homeowners policy will pay for the covered expenses that exceed your normal, day-to-day living costs.
- Receipts are helpful in determining how much you should be reimbursed.
- It is also important that you provide us with a telephone number where we can reach you or a family member.
Another loss that is covered by homeowners insurance is a liability claim.
- Liability claims occur when one person feels that he or she has sustained an injury because of someone else's negligence.
- If you think you or a family member may have caused an injury to someone, or if someone is claiming that you have, please report the claim to our office immediately.
- As with any other kind of incident, the more information you can provide to us, the better we can serve you. If someone is injured on your property, begin by making sure the person receives immediate medical attention.
- Then collect full names, addresses and phone numbers for all parties involved.
- Finally, gather as much information as you can about how the injury occurred and be prepared to provide your adjuster with as clear an account of the incident as possible.
We are your LOCAL Trusted Choice Advisors, SouthGroup-Gulf Coast http://www.southgroupgulfcoast.com , SALES AND SERVICE AGENTS: Angelyn Treutel Zeringue, Tammy Garfield, Tammy Hogue, Brittany Jones, Denise Russell, Melissa Moran, Alex Treutel, Anne Gillam, Ashlie Moody, Michael Reso, Mark Strickland, and Whitney Zimmerman at SouthGroup Gulf Coast. You can reach us by snail-mail or in person: 412 Hwy 90, Suite 6, Bay St Louis MS 39520, email: firstname.lastname@example.org , phone: 228-466-4498 fax:888-415-8922, FaceBook www.facebook.com/southgroup.gulfcoast, or Twitter www.twitter.com/atreutel !
We have 3 Gulf Coast locations to serve you - 2505 Pass Road - Biloxi, 5400 Indian Hill-Diamondhead, and 412 Hwy 90 Suite 6-Bay Saint Louis, MS. We write coverage in 40 different states and can assist you with Mississippi insurance, Louisiana insurance, and Alabama insurance and many other states. Insurance is stressful, but we make saving easy. We help you save money on insurance!