You know the drill! Time to be ready for possible catastrophic weather ... what YOU need to do and know NOW!
1) Flood damage from hurricanes is NOT covered by your home or fire property
insurance policy on your residence or business. Even if you are not in a
designated flood zone, flood insurance is recommended. You MUST have a separate
FLOOD insurance policy through the National Flood Insurance Program. There is a
30-DAY WAITING PERIOD before a new flood policy will become effective. Call or
come by our office TODAY 228-385-1177 to get your flood policy!
2) Have a summary of your insurance policies with you if you must evacuate.
NOW IS THE TIME to review your coverage levels on each policy (home, wind,
flood, auto, etc) and your mortgage holders to ensure that your coverage is
adequate and that all information is correct on your policy. Be sure you know
your carrier's name and policy number for all of your policies. You may contact
us (email: firstname.lastname@example.org , phone: 228-466-4498, fax:
888-415-8922) if you need policy information or if you need any changes to your
3) Home and business preparations:
* Remove yard debris, like dead tree limbs, that could become flying
* Have a safe place to park your cars or store your boat
* Back-up computer records and store them at least 50 miles off-site
* Gather important papers, including inventory lists and insurance
information, to take with you if you must evacuate (keep valuable papers in a
* Take pictures or video your possessions to assist in documenting
4) If you evacuate, email us email@example.com with your contact
information (address and phone number), so that we will be able to assist you
more quickly if you have a claim.
5) If a hurricane strikes our area, MAKE PERSONAL SAFETY YOUR FIRST
PRIORITY! (Beware of dangling electrical wires, broken gas lines, etc.)
6) If you have hurricane damage, report it to us as soon as possible - call
228-466-4498 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 888-415-8922 or
online through our 24/7 CLIENT SERVICE PORTAL. You may also report your claim
directly to the appropriate carrier (phone numbers will be available at
www.southgroupgulfcoast.com). Recognize that communication lines may be
impaired, but keep trying!
7) Following a storm, make temporary repairs and take pictures of all
damage. Don't throw away any damaged valuables until an adjuster has personally
seen and documented them.
8) Thoroughly document your damage by listing damaged/destroyed items along
with estimated values to provide to your adjuster. Take pictures if possible.
9) Your adjuster will discuss with you which damages are covered under your
policy. Make a note of your adjuster's name and number, as well as the claim
number you will be assigned. You will be assigned a different adjuster for each
policy that you have. Keep in touch with your adjuster(s), at least weekly,
until your claim is settled.
10) Contact SouthGroup Insurance (email: email@example.com ,
phone: 228-466-4498, fax: 888-415-8922) with any questions you may have. May
God bless us all during this hurricane season.
We are your LOCAL Trusted Choice Advisors, SouthGroup-Gulf Coast
http://www.southgroupgulfcoast.com , SALES AND SERVICE AGENTS: Angelyn Treutel
Zeringue, Tammy Garfield, Tammy Hogue, Brittany Jones, Denise Russell, Melissa
Moran, Alex Treutel, Anne Gillam, Ashlie Moody, Mark Strickland, and Whitney
Zimmerman at SouthGroup Gulf Coast. You can reach us by snail-mail or in person:
412 Hwy 90, Suite 6, Bay St Louis MS 39520, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
, phone: 228-466-4498 fax:888-415-8922, FaceBook
www.facebook.com/southgroup.gulfcoast, or Twitter www.twitter.com/atreutel !
We have 3 Gulf Coast locations to serve you - 2505 Pass Road - Biloxi, 5400
Indian Hill-Diamondhead, and 412 Hwy 90 Suite 6-Bay Saint Louis, MS. We write
coverage in 40 different states and can assist you with Mississippi insurance,
Louisiana insurance, and Alabama insurance and many other states.
Insurance is stressful, but we make saving easy. We help you save money on
#southgroup @stateauto @libertymutual @TRV_insurance @safecoinsurance